Pumpkin Spice Pistachio Milk
Tis the season for pumpkin spice everything!
This recipe is for a delicious pumpkin spice pistachio nut milk. I regularly make nut milks, usually almond or cashew, but decided to branch out and try something different this time. And I’m so happy I did! This pistachio nut milk recipe is sooooo delicious.
I’m feeling festive and making pistachio milk feels like a special occasion to me, so I wanted to make this nut milk super sweet, flavorful, and extra delicious (contrary to my usual nut milks where I typically hold back on adding any type of natural sweeteners or spices in favor of a cleaner plain milk.) This recipe uses medjool dates for sweetness (one of my fav natural sweeteners), vanilla extract, and of course, pumpkin spice. These add-ins are all technically optional, and can be substituted for or left out completely. Go wild!
- 1 cup (8 oz) unsalted shelled pistachios
- 4 cups filtered water
- 4 medjool dates, pitted *optional
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract *optional
- 1/8 tsp Celtic sea salt *optional
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice (cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice, cloves) *optional
- Soak pistachios in water for 6+ hours.
- Drain water from pistachios and give the soaked pistachios a good rinse.
- Add pistachios, water, medjool dates, vanilla extract, and spices in a high speed blender.
- Blend until smooth and frothy. This step took about 1 minute on high speed in my Vitamix.
- Filter milk through your Bigger Better Nut Milk Bag into a large bowl.
- Pour filtered pistachio milk into jar and enjoy. Store in fridge for 3-5 days.
Separation is natural and expected. Give a shake before each use.