- 2 cups unsweetened cranberry juice
- 6 cups apple cider
- 1 orange, cut peel into large strips
- 1-inch piece of ginger, peeled and sliced
- 2-3 cinnamon sticks
- 4 whole allspice berries
- 4 whole cloves
Sweeteners: honey, brown sugar or maple syrup
Garnishes: cinnamon sticks, orange slices, fresh cranberries
Add a splash of rum or bourbon to add extra warmth to it!
- Place all ingredients in a large pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, partially covered, for 30 minutes.
- Let it cool a bit and strain it through your nut milk bag.
- Serve warm with a garnish of apple or orange.
Note: Its best to start with unsweetened cranberry juice blend and unsweetened apple cider and to sweeten the drink with honey (or not at all). Sweeten it based on your personal preference. Add sweetener a couple tablespoons at a time and increase as desired.