Magic Hydration Drink
The summer heat can really sneak up on you. Especially if you spend time enjoying the outdoors. We live in tropical Florida and the added humidity can really take its toll on our energy level. This drink will help replenish the lost electrolytes and perk you up!
- 2 lemons, skins removed
- 1 Tbsp pink Himalayan sea salt*
- 2 Tbsp erythritol or other sweetener to taste OPTIONAL*
- 1 cup filtered water
- Pellegrino (or other sparkling water)
- Blend everything except the Pellegrino in the blender for about 30 seconds.
- Pour into your Ellie's Best Nut Milk Bag and squeeze the juice into a pitcher or bowl.
- In a 16oz glass, add ice, 1 cup of the mixture and top with Pellegrino. If using a 12 oz glass, use 2/3 cup mixture.
Yield: 2 - 16 oz servings or 3 - 12 oz servings
You can even get fancy and salt your rim! 🍋
Enjoy! - Athena
Notes: This drink can be enjoyed without sweetener but you may find it to be too tart. You may want to experiment a bit to see the level of sweetness you like and what sweetener you prefer. We tried it with 2 dates and I found that it cut the tartness of the lemon but didn't really do much to sweeten the drink, I liked it but Mike felt that if you wanted it sweet that something stronger like honey, maple syrup, erythritol or stevia should be added.
Himalayan sea salt is super important to this drink. It contains over 84 minerals and trace elements, including calcium, magnesium, potassium, copper and iron, so it does more than just make your food taste better.