Simple Almond Milk
There are lots of fancy ways to dress up almond milk but we always come back to our simple fresh almond milk. Here is the recipe that we continue to make over and over for drinking and use in our cereals, coffee, and other recipes.
- 1 cup of almonds
- 4 cups filtered water
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract *optional*
3-4 pitted dates *optional*
- Soak 1 cup of almond in filtered water overnight (8-12 hours) drain and rinse.
- Blend your soaked nuts on high 1-2 minutes with 4 cups of filtered water, 1/2 tsp sea salt, 1/2 tsp vanilla extract & 3-4 pitted dates.
- Pour the milk into your Bigger Better Nut Milk Bag, twist & squeeze, separating the pulp from the milk.
- Bottle and enjoy! Plant-based milks need refrigeration and are best consumed within three days. Some milks will separate as they sit, so give them a good shake before serving.
It's best to soak your nuts in the refrigerator. If you find you aren't ready to make your milk after the nuts have soaked, remove them from the water, rinse them and return them to the fridge until you are ready.
*To make unsweetened milk do not add vanilla extract or dates.
*You can also use honey, pure maple syrup, molasses, brown rice syrup, coconut sugar, or stevia as sweetener options.