Do you have dry, winter hair and/or scalp? This all-natural, homemade shampoo and conditioning rinse will change all that. With continued use, this will even help improve scalp conditions, frizz, and promote hair growth! Here's your recipe for shampoo and conditioning rinse that will leave you with shiny and strong hair!
Ingredients for Shampoo
- .5oz fresh rosemary sprigs
- 6 cups distilled water
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- Bring distilled water to a boil in a small pot.
- Once boiling, reduce to a simmer and add fresh rosemary.
- Simmer for half an hour.
- Strain out the rosemary (you can save the rosemary and use it for cooking later).
- Pour 1 1/2 cups of the rosemary water into a clear squeeze bottle. Set aside the remainder of the rosemary water for the conditioning rinse.
- Add the baking soda to the rosemary water. You will have to thoroughly shake before each and every use.
To use the shampoo, wet hair and squeeze the shaken mixture onto hair. Make sure you saturate your hair. Using finger pads, gently massage into scalp and let sit 1-2 minutes. Rinse with water and move onto the conditioning rinse.
*Note: This shampoo is a "no-poo" shampoo - in that it doesn't foam or feel "soapy." It takes a little getting used to, but it does in fact clean hair and scalp.
Conditioning Rinse Ingredients
- 1/4 Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3 cups rosemary water
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp castor oil
- 1/2 tsp sweet almond oil
- 3 drops lemongrass essential oil
- 3 drops lavender essential oil
- Add all the ingredients together in a blender.
- Blend gradually increasing speed for several minutes.
- Pour into a bottle you're comfortable taking into the shower.
To use conditioning rinse; after rinsing out the shampoo, lean your head back and slowly pour the rinse over your hair. Be careful to avoid your eyes! Run your fingers through your hair to spread the rinse evenly. Let sit a minute or two. Rinse hair. Dry and style as you normally do.
*Note: The rinse is for dry hair and dry scalp. I wouldn't recommend it for everyday use, but more as a treatment. The shampoo can be used as many times as you usually use shampoo, on the other hand. Just follow with your regular conditioner.