- 3/4 cup spelt flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup nut milk
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp @elliesbest lions mane mushroom extract powder
- 1 tbsp melted butter (use coconut oil for dairy free)
- 3 tbsp. ghee or coconut oil
- 2 tbsp. raw cacao powder
- 3 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. arrowroot powder dissolved in a little water
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Thoroughly grease a 6 hole donut mould with ghee or butter.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry.
- Spoon the mixture into the donut moulds until 3/4 full.
- Place donuts in the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes or until darker in colour and springy to touch.
- Allow donuts to cool for 10 minutes then transfer to a wire rack.
- While the donuts are in the oven, heat the ghee over gentle heat in a small saucepan. Once melted, remove from the heat and whisk the maple syrup, cacao, and salt through. Add the dissolved arrowroot mixture and continue to whisk while still warm. This will help to thicken the icing.
- Allow to cool to room temp then dip the donuts in the icing and dry toppings before placing on a wire rack.
Image & Recipe by @paleogut on IG.