This milkshake is so healthy, you can even have it for breakfast! It’s loaded with superfoods like Brazil nuts and maca powder!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
- 1 cup homemade brazil nut milk (directions below)
- 2 Medjool dates
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled & frozen
- Raw cacao powder
- Maca powder
- Combine ½ -1 cup brazil nut milk with two Medjool dates in your blender and blend on high speed
- Add 2 frozen bananas, 1 cup water, 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder, ½ teaspoon maca powder and ½ teaspoon of cinnamon to your blender
- OPTIONAL: Add in 1 heaping tablespoon of vanilla protein powder
- Blend everything until smooth ~1 minute
- Pour into a cute jar. Top and mix in cacao nibs & shredded coconut. Enjoy!
Homemade Brazil Nut Milk
Prep Time: 8 hours
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 8 hours 10 minutes[Makes 4 cups of milk]
- Soak 2 cups brazil nuts overnight in filtered water
- The next day, or after 8 hours of soaking, drain and rinse the brazil nuts
- Place 2 cups brazil nuts with 4 cups filtered water in blender and blend on high speed for 1 minute
- Place Ellie’s Best bigger nut milk into a bowl
- Pour the liquid from your blender into the nut milk bag and squeeze out over bowl to separate the milk from the pulp
- Your brazil nut milk is ready! Keeps for 5 days in refrigerator
Recipe by @veganlioness. Check out her Instagram for healthy, plant-based inspiration & recipes!