Zucchini Pizza Casserole
- 16 oz zucchini, stems and ends cut off
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 lb ground beef
- 7 oz Rao's Pizza Sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground sage
- 1/8 tsp ground thyme
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and coat 9″ x 13″ casserole pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a food processor, pulse zucchini until finely shredded. Transfer shredded zucchini to your Bigger Better Nut Milk Bag and squeeze to remove excess liquid. Discard excess liquid.
- In a large mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, mix together shredded zucchini, 1 cup shredded mozzarella, 3/4 cup shredded cheddar, grated parmesan, and eggs. Transfer mixture to prepared casserole pan and, using the back of a spoon or your hands, press mixture into even layer. Transfer pan to oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a pan over medium heat, brown ground beef, breaking beef apart with a wooden spoon as it cooks. Drain excess grease. In same pan or a mixing bowl, stir together cooked ground beef, pizza sauce, and spices until well-combined.
- After base layer of zucchini has finished baking, pour beef and tomato mixture on top. Sprinkle remaining shredded mozzarella and shredded cheddar then add pepperoni in even layer on top. Return casserole pan to oven and bake until cheese is golden brown, about 23-25 additional minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and allow to cool fully before slicing and serving.
Recipe and image contributed by @realbalanced