Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Scones
Ingredients (Makes 8) :
- 2 cups of whole wheat flour
- 2/3 cup of homemade cashew milk
- 1/3 cup of date nectar
- 1/4 cup of Lily's Sweets Chocolate Chocolate Chips
- 2 T of nonfat plain greek yogurt
- 2 T of peanut butter
- 2 T of coconut oil, chilled in the fridge *chopped into small pieces*
- 2 t of baking powder
- 1/2 t of pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 t of cinnamon
- In a large bowl, mix your dry ingredients and chopped coconut oil.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix your wet ingredients, except for the milk.
- Pour your wet ingredients into your dry, and slowly start to add in your milk.
- Finally, fold in your chocolate chips. Knead a few times with your hands until it’s no longer sticky.
- Let it chill in the fridge while your oven preheats to 425 degrees.
- After 15 minutes, take out your dough and knead into a round shape.
- Slice it 8 ways, then transfer each scone to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until it’s golden brown on top. Let them chill before serving and enjoy!
Recipe and image contributed by @jen.chavarria