Vegan Tahini Cookies
- 1 1/4 rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 3-4 tbsp homemade almond milk
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or paste
- 5 tbsp sesame seeds
- Dark chocolate chunks *optional*
- Preheat the oven to 180C and line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Blend the oats in a high-speed blender until the flour has formed.
- Add to a medium sized mixing bowl and stir in the baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- Add in the tahini, milk, vanilla extract, and maple syrup and mix together.
- Pour the sesame seeds into a small plate or bowl.
- Take out a tablespoonful of the dough, roll into a ball with your hands, then roll the ball into the sesame seeds until covered.
- Place the ball on the baking sheet and press down to flatten.
- Bake for about 12-14 minutes until starting to brown. Leave to cool for 5 minutes before removing. Enjoy and store in an airtight container!
Recipe and image contributed by @scarsintostars