Vegan Pumpkin Mac n' Cheese
- 2 ½ cups Elbow Macaroni
- 1 block (about 14 ounces) Silken Tofu
- 1/4 cup of Pumpkin Puree
- 3 Carrots, peeled, chopped in half
- 3 Large Garlic Cloves, peeled
- ¼ Onion
- ½ cup Nutritional Yeast
- 1 tsp Salt
- ⅛ tsp Pepper
- ⅛ - ¼ Tsp Thyme
- ¼ cup Homemade Cashew Milk
- ½ cup Homemade Buttermilk Sauce (Apple Cider Vinegar 1 tbsp, ½ Lemon Juice, Cashew Milk 4tbsp, pinch salt)
- Add water to a medium pot. Set the stove on high heat & bring water to a boil. Add a pinch of salt & add the elbow macaroni. Lower heat to med-high. Stir occasionally until macaroni is al dente. approx.17 mins.
- Drain pasta. Rinse in cold water. Set aside
- Drain the tofu using a tofu press or homemade DIY tofu press.
- Peel and chop carrots and onion.
- Add water to a small pot. Set the stove on high heat and bring water to a boil. Add peeled carrots, garlic cloves, & onion. Lower heat to med-high & cook for 20 mins. Rinse under cold water & set aside to cool for 6-7 mins.
- In a small bowl, mix cashew milk, lemon & apple cider vinegar. Set aside.
- Add silken tofu, carrots, garlic cloves, onion, nutritional yeast, thyme, salt, & black pepper to a high-speed blender.
- Blend for 2 mins or until smooth.
- Slowly add in the buttermilk & cashew milk to reach your desired consistency. Help the blender by using a spatula to scrape the sides.
- Pour creamy vegan cheddar cheese sauce over pasta. Mix.
- Add pumpkin puree & begin to fold.
- Serve & Enjoy
Recipe and Image contributed by @veganishj