Vegan Chocolate Espresso Donuts
- 1c all-purpose flour or 1:1 gf flour
- 1/2c coconut sugar
- 2tbsp cacao powder
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1/4tsp baking soda
- 1/4tsp salt
- 1/3c homemade almond milk
- 1/3c cold brew (or espresso + water to reach 1/3c liquid)
- 1/2tsp vanilla extract
- 2tbsp coconut oil (melted and cooled)
- 2/3c icing sugar
- 1tbsp cacoa powder
- 1tbsp cold brew (or 1tsp espresso + 2tsp water)
- 1-2tsp homemade almond milk
- Preheat oven to 375F and grease a 6 donut pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients.
- In another bowl, stir together wet ingredients until fully combined.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and mix until just combined (do not overmix! The air bubbles keep the donuts light and fluffy)
- Spoon mixture into a piping bag or large ziploc bag and cut a hole in the corner. Pipe batter into your donut moulds, filling each 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Allow donuts to cool completely before frosting.
- For the glaze: mix together all the ingredients in a shallow bowl until smooth and silky. Dip cooled donuts into the glaze and then place on a cooling rack for about 20mins to allow glaze to set. Enjoy!
Recipe and image contributed by @wakeupandkale