Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup white wheat flour *can sub all-purpose or 1:1 gluten free flour
- 1/4 cup softened coconut oil (not melted!)
- 2 tbsp applesauce
- 2 tbsp homemade almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup cane sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda & salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl bowl, add the softened coconut oil, applesauce, almond milk, vanilla extract & sugars and beat until fully combined and no clumps remain.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet, mixing until just combined.
- Gently fold in the chocolate chips.
- Use a cookie scoop to place cookies on prepared baking sheet, topping each with additional chocolate chips.
- Bake for about 10 minutes until lightly golden brown. Let cool 5 minutes before serving or transferring to a wire rack to cool completely and enjoy!
Photo and recipe contributed by @wakeupandkale