Vegan Cashew Cheese
• 2 cups raw cashews (I used peeled almonds).
• 2 garlic cloves, minced⠀
• 1 lemon, zested⠀
• 2 lemons, juiced (1/4 cup)⠀
• 3/4 cup water⠀
• 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast⠀
• 1/2 tsp sea salt⠀
• 2 Tbsp olive oil⠀
- Soak nuts overnight in filtered water.
- Next day drain and wash, add to a food processor with all the ingredients, process until very creamy & smooth.
- Place in your Bigger Better Nut Milk Bag twist the top gently, fold it over and secure with the draw string.
- Place it in a bowl lined with paper towels to absorb the moisture.
- Place in the fridge for a minimum of 6 hours up to 12, or until the moisture has been wicked away and it holds its form.
- To serve, unwrap nut milk bag and gently invert onto a serving platter. Reform as needed, then coat with chopped herbs and lemon zest (optional). It is fragile, so handle gently.
Enjoy with crackers or anything else!
*Best when chilled. Leftovers keep in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Recipe and photo contributed by @bakeandtone