Vanilla Pound Cake
- 1 3/4 cup brown rice flour
- 5 tbsp cornstarch
- 3/4 cup Coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup dairy-free butter, room temperature or real butter
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1/2 cup dairy-free yogurt or regular
- 1/2 cup homemade almond milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup sprinkles
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp almond milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 F and prepare a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the rice flour, cornstarch, Coconut sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In another bowl, use a handheld mixer to beat the butter, add in the eggs, milk, yogurt, and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix just until combined. Fold in sprinkles.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan. Run a knife along the edges and then towards the middle to create a dome with the batter. Bake for 25 minutes. Cover with tin foil and bake for additional 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the loaf cool for 30 minutes in the loaf pan before removing it. Stir together the glaze ingredients and drizzle over loaf. Slice and serve!
Recipe and Image contributed by @soupswithirma