Rose Infused Oil
Rose infused oil has antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties and can help fade blemishes. Roses contain calcium, vitamins C, E and K.
- 2-3 organic roses*
- 1 cup fractionated coconut oil or sweet almond oil or blend of the two (*recommended)
- Heat a pot of water to boil on stove.
- Pull the petals off the roses.
- Tear and bruise the petals with your fingers.
- Put oil in a jar that can be sealed water-tight.
- Add the petals to the oil and seal shut.
- Once boiling, take the water off the burner and place the jar in the hot water.
- Once the water has cooled completely, remove jar and place in a sunny and/or warm place.
- Let sit for at least 24 hours.
- You can strain out the petals or you can leave them in. The longer you leave the petals in the oil, the more infused the oil will be. You can also add petals to the oil over time.
*It is recommended that you blend the fractionated coconut oil with the sweet almond oil as the coconut oil has vegetarian saturated fat which helps to penetrate the skin and can aid in the absorption of the sweet almond oil.
*It is best to use organic roses but if unavailable, wash well to remove any chemicals and pat dry before making the oil.