Roasted Veggie Soup
- 6-7 organic red tomatoes (halved)
- 1 large yellow pepper (cleaned and cut in half)
- 4 cloves of garlic (cleaned)
- 1/2 small onion (diced)
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1/3 cup bone broth (chicken or veggie broth work best)
- 1/2 cup homemade almond milk
- Prepare the vegetables.
- Preheat oven to 400° and line a pan with a baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, combine; tomatoes, peppers, garlic, avocado oil & salt. Mix with hands and ensure each vegetable is well coated with oil and salt.
- Lay vegetables face down / skin up on the sheet, bake in the oven until the skin on tomatoes begins to crack apart and slightly.
- Once vegetables have roasted remove and let cool until they’re manageable to touch with hands.
- Peel off the skins on the tomatoes & peppers and add all vegetables to a food processor.
- Add basil and oregano. Blend until smooth.
- Sauté onion in pan until soft.
- Add onion to the blended mixture and keep blending until everything is very smooth.
- Pour mixture into a stovetop pan on medium-low.
- Add broth, stir well.
- Add milk, stir well.
- Bring to a low simmer and let sit about 10 minutes on low. Salt to taste. *Add cubed feta before serving*
Recipe and Image contributed by @itsaketovibe