Raw Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake
This Raw Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake is gluten free, vegan & simply delicious. If you are looking for a healthier alternative for the popular fall dessert, look no further!
FOR THE CRUST:
- 1/2 cup of sprouted pumpkin seeds + more for topping
- 1/2 cup of pecans
- 3/4 cup of dates
FOR THE FILLING:
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts (or can swap out for more cashews)
- 1 cup of pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tbsp pumpkin pie spice (+/- to your liking)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds or you can also use 1 tbsp of grass-fed gelatin if not vegan
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Combine all crust ingredients in a food processor or Vitamix and process/blend until well combined and can form a thick paste – or crust.
- Form crust into a large ball with your hands, and then spread evenly over the bottom of your cake pan, forming about 1/2 inch thick layer.
- Next, blend or process all of the filling ingredients until well combined and very smooth.
- Scoop the filling into the cake pan, and spread it out over the crust until you have an even cake.
- Sprinkle pumpkin seeds on top (optional)
- Allow to set in the fridge for a couple hours or freezer for 30-60 minutes before serving.
Recipe and image contributed by @whole.harmony.health