- ⅜ cup creamy milk (or ~6 tbsp) *Blend 1 cup cashews, 1/2 cup dates, and 1 cup water, and then squeezing through your Bigger Better Nut Milk Bag!
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ⅜ cup aquafaba (liquid from a can of chickpeas)
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup loosely packed brown sugar
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, leveled
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Holiday Spice Mix: 2 tbsp ground cinnamon, ½ tsp ground ginger, ½ tsp nutmeg (freshly grated), ½ tsp allspice (freshly grated), ¾ tsp cloves (freshly grated)
- Tahini drizzle: ½ cup powdered sugar, 1 ½ tbsp tahini, 2 tbsp almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Add the vinegar to the milk set aside to curdle - this becomes the buttermilk.
- Using an electric handheld mixer, whip the aquafaba until foamy for 2-3 minutes.
- In another bowl, add the brown sugar and oil and mix until combined. Add in the whipped aquafaba to the sugar and oil, then mix until incorporated, and then add the milk mix, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, and vanilla and mix.
- In another bowl, mix the flour, baking soda and powder, salt, and spice mix; mix together.
- Next, add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until BARELY combined; there still should be some lumps in your batter.
- Pour the batter into the oven and bake in the lower third of the oven for 45 mins-1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool, combine ingredients for the drizzle, and serve when ready!
Image and recipe contributed by @choosingraww