How to Make Homemade Yogurt
Have you ever made homemade yogurt? It is so easy and it is the creamiest! We yogurt using our Ellie's Best Bigger Better Nut Milk Bag.
- 1 gallon of milk - preferably raw
- canning jars and lids
- 4 TBSP pre-made yogurt (to use for starter, 2 TBSP for every 1/2 gallon)
- Heat milk in a stainless steel pan on the stove over medium heat until it reaches 180°F.
- Quickly cool the milk until it reaches 115°F.
- Add the pre-made yogurt from a previous batch of yogurt or from store bought yogurt. Take the starter and put into a bowl, label some of the cooled milk into the bowl and mix with the starter. Then, pour the bowl of milk into the rest of the milk.
- Lightly stir enough to get it mixed well into the milk.
- Place the jars (or the pot) into the oven with the light on for 12-24 hours. The light should provide a consistent heat of about 110°F.