Paleo Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins
- 2 eggs *pasture-raised if possible*
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted & cooled at least 3 minutes
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup homemade nut/seed milk
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a mini muffin tin by either using muffin liners or lightly grease each cup with additional oil.
- In a medium bowl (or the bowl of a stand mixer) beat together all the wet ingredients until it is light and frothy.
- Then add in all the dry ingredients (except chocolate chips) and mix until just well incorporated, ensuring not to overmix.
- Stir in the chocolate chips until evenly distributed.
- Fill each mini muffin cup 2/3 way full, about 1 tablespoon each. This recipe makes 30 mini muffins, so either uses 2 tins and bake all at once or cook in two batches. If cooking in batches, keep unused batter in the fridge until ready for baking.
- Bake mini muffins about 13-14 minutes or until tops are just lightly browned around the edges.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly before removing muffins from tin. Let cool a few more minutes on wire rack.
Recipe and Image contributed by @freshlydafna