Paleo Almond Joy Cookies
- 6 Tbsp refined coconut oil (room temperature, not melted)
- 2 Tbsp Pure Maple Syrup
- 3/4 Cup of Maple Sugar
- 1 egg (room temperature)
- 1 tsp coconut extract
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup arrowroot flour
- 1 Tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vital proteins gelatin powder
- 1/4 tsp real salt
- 1 cup crushed up Ellie's Best Almonds
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, plus extra for topping
- With a hand mixer, mix coconut oil, maple syrup, and sugar together for a minute.
- Add the egg, coconut and vanilla extract. Mix for another minute until creamy and fluffy.
- Next add all the dry ingredients. Almond flour, arrowroot flour, coconut flour, baking soda, vital proteins gelatin, and salt. Mix until everything is evenly incorporated.
- Then add almonds, coconut flakes, and chocolate chips. Mix well.
- Put the cookie batter in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with unbleached parchment paper or silicone mats.
- Scoop the cookie batter into 1 inch balls and space a couple inches apart.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes.
- Cookies will stay good at room temperature for a few days or the freezer for a few months.
Recipe and image contributed by @oneceliactoanother