Orange Creamsicle Smoothie
- 1 large navel orange, peeled and frozen*
- 1 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla non-dairy milk (such as almond milk)
- 2 soft pitted Medjool dates OR 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- Place all ingredients in a high speed blender and process until smooth and creamy. If you have a tamper for your high speed blender you can use that to help get it started. Otherwise, you may need to add extra milk to help thin it out. Alternatively, you can let the frozen orange chunks thaw out a minute or two before blending.
- Taste and adjust flavor and texture to your liking. See notes.
- Pour into two glasses and enjoy immediately. You can garnish with my Homemade Coconut Whipped Cream and orange zest if desired.
Recipe and photo contributed by @eatingbyelaine