Orange Almond Butter Tahini Blondies
- 1 cup almond flour (dried out almond pulp from making homemade almond milk)
- 1 Tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3 Tbsp orange zest (optional: more for topping)
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg (could substitute a flax egg)
- 1/3 cup raw almond butter
- 1/3 tahini
- 1/4 cup homemade almond milk
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice (strained out the pulp with a fine mesh strainer)
- In a large bowl, massage orange zest and coconut sugar together to infuse the flavors.
- Whisk in the egg, then add nut milk, nut butter, tahini, and orange juice. Whisk together.
- In a second bowl, combine almond flour, coconut flour, and baking soda.
- Fold the flour mixture into the wet ingredient bowl until just combined.
- Pour into parchment paper lined loaf pan and bake at 350F for about 27-30 minutes. Do the toothpick check.
- Let cool. Optional to get ~extra~ and add sliced oranges and DIY coconut butter drizzle (simply combine desiccated coconut with a little coconut oil in a powerful food processor till desired texture is reached.
Photo and recipe contributed by @healthbyshortstack