No Bake Cheesecake Cookie Dough Bars
- 1c raw cashews (soaked overnight or in hot water for 2 hours)
- 1tbs melted coconut oil
- 3tbs maple syrup
- 2tbsp lemon juice
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2tsp sea salt
- 1/2c homemade full fat coconut milk (shredded coconut, water, dates and salt, blended and strained through your Bigger Better Nut Milk Bag)
Cookie Dough Layer:
- 1 1/4c almond flour
- 1/2c creamy almond butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4c maple syrup
- 1tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/2c vegan chocolate chips
- Pinch salt
- 1/3c vegan chocolate chips
- 1tbsp coconut oil
- Line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Cheesecake: add drained cashews to a high speed blender or food processor along with other ingredients. Blend on high until smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides as needed. Place in the freezer to chill while you prepare the cookie dough.
- Cookie dough: in a large bowl, combine the almond butter, coconut sugar, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Add in the almond flour and salt, and stir until just combined. Gently fold in the chocolate chips.
- Press the cookie dough across your prepared pan in an even layer. Then pour the cheesecake mixture on top of the cookie dough layer and set back in the freezer.
- Chocolate drizzle: in a microwave safe dish, heat 1tbsp coconut oil and 1/3c vegan chocolate chips at 20sec increments until fully melted. Drizzle over top of the cheesecake.
- Place the entire pan in the freezer to set for one hour and then cut into bars. Store in the freezer and remove 15 mins before devouring!
Photo and recipe by @wakeupandkale