Lemon Beetroot Mini Muffins
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup monkfruit sweetener
- 2 tbsp. beetroot powder
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup homemade unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tbsp. unrefined coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
*Optional for garnish
- 1/4 cup melted coconut butter
- 2 tsp. lemon zest
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Lightly grease a mini muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, tapioca flour, monk fruit, beetroot powder, baking powder, and salt. Stir well.
- Add in the eggs, almond milk, honey, melted coconut oil, lemon juice, and vanilla extract. Beat with an electric hand mixer for about a minute- until a cohesive, smooth batter forms.
- Use a tablespoon to spoon out the batter into the greased muffin tins.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool slightly before turning the baked muffins out of the tin. (Optional) Top with melted coconut butter and lemon zest.
Recipe and image by @wholesomely_hannah