Keto Egg Nog Poke Cake
Ingredients for Base:
- 2 Cups Almond Flour
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Flour
- 1 Cup homemade Almond Milk
- 1/2 Cup Keto Egg Nog (recipe below)
- 3 LG eggs at room temp
- 1 Scoop (or 1/3 Cup) Unflavoured Protein Powder
- Pinch of Salt
- 1/2 Cup Grass Fed Butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 3/4 Cup Sweetener of Choice
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- In a large bowl whisk together all dry ingredients, incorporate wet ingredients and stir until well incorporated.
- Pour Batter into a well greased pan (different sized pans will change baking time). We used an 8x8 pan.
- Bake in preheated oven at 325° for 25-30 Minutes.
- Cake is done when edges are golden and the centre is firm. We found the center didn’t firm AS much with the egg nog added. Much more of a custard texture.
- Remove cake and let cool.
Ingredients for Egg Nog Pudding:
(Make this once the cake has been removed and is cooled, so that it’s pourable)
- 1 pack Keto Pudding
- 1 Teaspoon Ceylon Cinnamon
- Make as directed on packet, but sub the liquid for Egg Nog. Stir in Cinnamon.
Keto Egg Nog:
- 2 cups homemade unsweetened nut milk macadamia or almond
- 2 cups heavy cream or coconut milk
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg freshly grated, plus more for garnish
- 6 egg yolks
- 1/2-3/4 cup xylitol allulose or erythritol (1/2 cup)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2-1 cup dark rum or bourbon to taste
- Add nut milk, heavy cream, cinnamon and nutmeg to a medium saucepan and simmer for about 8-10 to infuse. Remove from heat and set aside while you prepare the yolks.
- Add egg yolks and sweetener to a large bowl and, using a whisk or an electric mixer (easier), beat them until light, fluffy, and most of the sweetener has dissolved (if using erythritol, some granules will remain).
- Gradually temper the hot mixture into the egg and sugar mixture. Tempering means adding the hot milks (very!) little by little to your egg mixture while whisking constantly, so your eggs don't curdle.
- Return everything to the saucepan, and cook over medium/low heat for roughly 8-10 minutes, or until your mixture reaches 160°F/70°C and coats the back of a wooden spoon. Remove from heat and sieve onto a medium mixing bowl. Stir in vanilla and liquor of choice, to taste. Cover and transfer to the refrigerator to chill.
- Your eggnog will continue to thicken while chilling. So give it a good stir right before serving, and feel free to thin it out with a little nut milk until desired consistency is reached.
Recipe and Image contributed by @itsaketovibe