Keto Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
- 1–1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup monk fruit
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted and room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 medium zucchini, grated
- 1/2 cup Lily's chocolate chips
- Get all excess water out of zucchini with a Bigger Better Nut Milk Bag.
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF. Prepare your muffin pan, silicone or metal (if metal use liners).
- In a medium size bowl, add the almond flour, cacao powder, baking soda + salt. Whisk to combine.
- In a large bowl, add the eggs, monk fruit, coconut oil + vanilla extract. Whisk to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Stir to combine. Add in the grated zucchini and chocolate chips and stir to combine.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the muffin cups. Use a large cookie scoop to keep it mess free. It takes 1 full cookie scoop and then 3/4 of a 2nd cookie scoop to fill each muffin cup. You want them filled 4/5 to the top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. If the batter is still wet, bake another minute or 2 and check again.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely. Leftovers will keep on the counter for 1-2 days, refrigerated for at least 5 days, or frozen for at least 6 months. Enjoy!
Photo and recipe contributed by @tasteslovely