- 1/2 cup dry soy beans
- 4 cups of water
- 2-3tbs sugar (optional or to taste)
- pinch of salt (optional)
- flavorings of choice: vanilla extract, cinnamon, cocoa powder, etc. (optional)
- your Bigger Better Nut Milk Bag
1. Wash the soy beans and soak overnight or at least 12 hours.
2. Drain the soybeans and rinse. Remove the outer skin as best as you can. To make it easier, place the beans until cold water rub them togetjer until the skin starts to loosen up.
3. Blend the soybeans with 3 cups of water until the beans have completely broken down.
4. Strain the blended mixture with your Bigger Better Nut Milk Bag.
5. You can choose to skip this step if you want, but to get rid of the bitter taste soy milk tends to have, you usually cook it too. Pour the mixture onto a pot and add one more cup of water. Bring to a boil whilst stirring from time to time. Once it starts to boil, add the rest of the ingredients for flavor. Allow it to cook over low heat for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Allow it to cool completely before storing. If a “skin” appears on top, scoop it out and discard.
6. Enjoy and store for up to a week!
*Note: May have to use more or less water depending on how thick you want the soy milk!