Homemade Fabric Baby Wipes
- 25 squares of a recycled t-shirt (an XL t-shirt)
- 1/2 cup distilled water
- 1 teaspoon Dr. Bronner’s Unscented Castile Soap
- 1/2 teaspoon vitamin E oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fractionated coconut oil
- 1 drop German Chamomile essential oil
- 2 drops Lavender essential oil
- container for the wipes
- soap pump for the solution
- Place the t-shirt squares into your wipes container. This can be any nice lidded jar or a recycled wipes box from disposable wipes. If you are planning to store the wipes solution separately, then prepare your soap dispenser by removing the lid.
- Into the dispenser, place the distilled water, Castile soap, vitamin E oil, coconut oil, and essential oils. Use a spoon to stir.
- Replace the pump lid and prime it by pumping a few times until the solution comes out.
*To use: Grab one of your recycled wipes in your hand and dispense some solution onto the wipe. You don’t need a lot. Just enough to get the wipe damp. Squeeze the wipe to distribute the solution throughout the wipe and clean the baby as usual. Toss the soiled wipes into your hamper to launder with other baby items. Do not launder with cloth diapers as this solution could cause them to become less absorbent.
*Note: If you are pouring the wipes solution onto the wipes for storage, then you won’t need the pump dispenser. Just pour the mixture onto your wipes and store in a cool, dark place. Make sure to store in a location where it won’t get tipped over and cause leaking.
Recipe by www.recipeswithessentialoils.com