Homemade Cauliflower Soup
- 2 cup of cauliflower florets
- 1 cup of vegetable stock
- 1 cup of water
- 2 cups almond milk (or other milk)
- 1 box of 16 oz of your favorite mushrooms
- 2 shallots
- Top with 2 sprigs if green onions diced -salt and pepper to taste
Optional - add in one teaspoon of paprika
- In a large soup pot, add in cauliflowers and broth and water.
- Boil and soften the cauliflower florets. Once fork tender add the florets and remaining water/broth into a blender and blend into a smooth purée.
- Add back in the cauli purée, and add in milk.
- Add in salt and pepper and paprika if you’d like and simmer for another 15 minutes.
- In another saucepan, add in 1 tablespoon of oil, shallots, and mushrooms
- Add in salt and pepper to taste.
- Fry until caramelized.
Serve soup in bowls and top with mushroom mixture and green onions! Enjoy on any day!
Recipe and Image contributed by @you.wontmissthe.meat