Banana Spinach Muffins
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup walnuts, ground or finely chopped
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups packed baby spinach, finely chopped
- 2 ripe banans, mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or paste
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / 350 F. Grease or line a muffin tray with baking paper or silicone cases work great too.
- Combine the flours, walnuts, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Dice spinach or blend in a food processor until very finely chopped and set aside in a bowl. Mash the bananas into the chopped spinach.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and maple syrup until light and fluffy. Add the oil, yogurt, and vanilla. Add the spinach-banana mixture into the wet ingredients, stir well to combine. Fold the wet mixture into the dry mixture. Do not over stir.
- Pour the batter into the lined muffin tray and bake for approximately 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Recipe and Image contributed by @realfoodbytwomoms