7 Layer Greek Dip
- 1 English Cucumber, diced
- 2 Roma Tomatoes, diced
- 1 Small Purple onion, finely diced
- 1 cup Kalamata whole olives, then pitted
- ¾ Greek Sheep/Goat Milk Feta, crumbled
- 1 ½ cups Cooked Chickpeas
- 2/3 cup dried chickpeas
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ cup Sliced Yellow/Sweet Onion
- 4 Cloves, Garlic, halved
- 2 tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp Sesame Tahini
- ½ tsp Sea Salt
- ½ tsp Ground Cumin
- ¼ tsp Ground Coriander
- ¼ tsp Smoked Paprika
- Extra olive oil and sea salt to taste
- ⅔ of an English Cucumber, grated
- ½ cup Cashew milk Yogurt or Unsweetened Dairy-Free Yogurt of your choice
- 1 cup Dairy Free Sour Cream
- 4 Cloves Garlic, grated using a Microplane grater or Garlic Press
- 1 ½ tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- ½ tsp Sea Salt
- Fresh or Dried Dill to taste.
- Soak your chickpeas overnight in water, drain, cover with water and bring to a boil then turn down the heat to low and simmer until soft. This should take about 2-3 hours. You want them to be soft. If they are not soft enough they will make your hummus mealy.
- Heat the olive oil in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Add your onions, sprinkle with some sea salt and sauté for about 10 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté for another 2 minutes.
- Add prepared/canned drained chickpeas and the rest of the ingredients to a blender and blend for about 2 minutes or until you have a smooth dip. Add water if the hummus is too thick and drizzle with more olive oil. Set aside.
- Place Grated Cucumber in your Bigger Better Nut Milk Bag, sprinkle with a little sea salt and place over a bowl to drain for at least 30-45 minutes. Squeeze out the excess moisture. It's important to get as much of the moisture out as possible or your sauce will be watery.
- Add grated cucumber, dairy-free yogurt and sour cream and the rest of the ingredients to a medium bowl.
- Mix well to combine and adjust the salt and dill to taste. Place in the refrigerator until ready to assemble the dip.
- Place the minced purple onion in cold water for about 10 minutes. Then rinse and drain in a colander. Doing so will take away the bite out of the raw onions.
Final Dip Assembly
In a square glass container or in multiple shallow glass jars, assemble the dip as follows:
Layer 1: Hummus
Layer 2: Tzatziki
Layer 3: Chopped Cucumber
Layer 4: Chopped Tomatoes
Layer 5: Chopped(and pre-soaked) Purple onion
Layer 6: Pitted Kalamata Olives
Layer 7: Crumbled Greek Feta Cheese(or sub vegan cheese of your choice)
Recipe and Image contributed by @therocksanddirtbakery