- 2 1/2 c almond milk or coconut milk⠀
- 1 1/2 c water⠀
- 2 tsp ground turmeric⠀
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper⠀
- 1/4 tsp garam masala⠀
- Heaping tsp whole cloves⠀
- 1/2 tsp anise seeds⠀
- 1/2 vanilla bean pod⠀
- Pinch of salt if desired
- Raw honey to taste⠀
- Peel and grate your ginger and add to a medium saucepan with milk, water and the rest of the spices.
- Bonus points if you have made your own nut milk for this.
- Whisk together and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat to medium and whisk occasionally for about 10-15 minutes.
- Pour through a fine mesh strainer and add 1-2 tbsp of raw honey, depending on how sweet you like it.
- Serve immediately or store in the fridge for a few days.
Recipe and Image contributed by @elementalsuperfood