Fresh Turmeric and Ginger Collagen Wellness Shots
- 1.5 inches fresh turmeric root
- 1-inch fresh ginger root
- ½ lemon with skin on
- ¼ Tsp. Raw honey *Or other sweetener to make it vegan
- 1 scoop Collagen peptides *Optional – omit to make it vegan
- 8 oz water
- If you’re using a blender and nut milk bags like me – Peel your turmeric and ginger and cut the pieces into chunks.
- Add that with your lemon (remember to leave the skin ON) into a blender. Add the honey, collagen (if you so choose), and water. Blend for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Place the nut milk bag over a large bowl and pour the juice into the bowl.
- Grab the bag and wring out all of the excess liquid.
- Set the bag, with the pulp, aside. Pour the wellness juice into small shot glasses, or if you like the flavor as I do, sip on it in 4 – 6 oz. quantities, or so.