Fresh Cashew Milk
Prep Time: 12 hr
Cook Time: 10 min
Total Time: 12 hr 10 min
- 2 cups raw cashews
- 6 cups filtered water + more for soaking the cashews
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (optional)
- splash of vanilla extract (optional)
- pinch of sea salt (optional)
- First, place your cashews in a jar with a lid, fill it with water, and let them soak overnight in your fridge.
- When your cashews are ready, drain and discard the liquid that they were soaking in.
- Place the soaked cashews in your blender along with 6 cups of filtered water.
- If you’re making the sweetened vanilla version, add the maple syrup (agave or honey works too) and vanilla now.
- If you want unsweetened, just leave out the maple syrup and sea salt.
- Blend until everything is completely liquid and combined.
- Place your nut milk bag inside a bowl. I really like using a bowl with a spout because then it’s easier to pour the liquid when it’s done draining.
- Hold the nut milk bag over the bowl and squeeze the liquid out into the bowl.
- The pulp will be left behind in the bag which you can either discard or save for another recipe.
- Store your homemade cashew milk in an airtight container in your fridge until you’re ready to drink it.
- The milk may separate, just give it a shake when you’re ready to drink up!