Eggless Chai Cupcakes
- 2 cups of unsweetened homemade almond milk
- 1/8th teaspoon of nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons of Tetley black tea loose
- 1/4 teaspoon of cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 5 whole cloves
- 6 fl oz cream soda (instead of eggs- that’s the secret)
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 box of white cake
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 16 oz powdered sugar
- 1/4-1/2 cup of the chai (that you make in the first step)
- In a sauce pan, add in almond milk, chai powder, cardamom cinnamon, cloves and sugar. Simmer for about 10 minutes on low heat until chai is made to your liking.
- Cool chai to room temperature and strain.
- In a large mixing bowl, add in cake mix and vanilla extract.
- Add in one cup of almond milk chai to the cake mix to incorporate well.
- Add in cream soda and mix lightly.
- Divide top into cupcake tin (make sure to line the cupcake tin with cupcake papers.)
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes at 350 F.
- In another mixing bowl, incorporate powdered sugar and a few teaspoons of the chai that’s left over until a frosting consistency forms. (About 1/4 cup.)
- Once cupcakes are cooled, frost, decorate and enjoy!
Image and recipe contributed by @you.wontmissthe.meat