DIY Face Oil
- 2 ounces carrier oil(s) of choice (Almond Oil or Fractionated Coconut Oil)
- 10-30 drops essential oil(s) of choice (see notes on oils below)
- Combine carrier oils and essential oils of choice in a dark amber glass bottle. Screw on the cap and shake it up. Your face oil is ready to use!
- After washing your face, apply 3-5 drops of face oil to clean hands. Rub hands together to warm up the oil and gently pat face and neck.
- Oil should be stored in a dark colored bottle to protect the sensitive ingredients from light and place it in a cool, dark spot.
What is the best oil for your skin?
Lavender essential oil is an oil that works for just about everyone! Not only does it smell so good that you’ll feel instantly relaxed (lavender is proven to lower stress), but it also helps regenerate skin cells so it’s great for aging skin, sun spots and scarring. (source)
Tea tree essential oil is one of the more well-known essential oils for acne-prone skin. In fact, one study found tea tree oil to be just as effective as benzoyl peroxide, but without the associated negative side effects that many people experience including red, dried and peeling skin. Its antibacterial properties help ward off acne-causing bacteria and assist wound healing, and tea tree oil also helps to regulate oil production, which can decrease the severity and incidence of breakouts. Tea tree oil helps relieve any type of skin inflammation, including eczema and psoriasis. (source)
Peppermint essential oil has calming, softening, toning and anti-inflammatory effects on the skin when it’s used topically. Peppermint oil also has antiseptic and antimicrobial properties. To improve the health of your skin and use peppermint oil as a home remedy for acne, mix 2–3 drops of peppermint with equal parts lavender essential oil and apply the combination topically to the area of concern. (source)
Lemongrass essential oil is an effective cleanser for all skin types; its antiseptic and astringent properties make lemongrass oil perfect for getting even and glowing skin. It can sterilize your pores, serve as a natural toner and strengthen your skin tissues. (source)
Sweet orange essential oil as one of the ingredients will help to reduce wrinkles, tighten facial pores, reduce dark spots, plump up fine lines, and restore your skin’s suppleness and elasticity. (source)