Crispy Brussel Sprout Vegan Mac & Cheese
- 1 cup cauliflower
- 1 Spanish onion
- 5-6 cloves garlic
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups non-dairy milk
- 2.5 heaping tablespoons vegan butter
- 1/2 cup vegan cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup vegan mozzarella
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Pasta of choice
- Chop up a head of cauliflower, removing the stem in the middle of the head. Cut up the little heads of into 2-3” chunks, plop onto a reusable baking mat, and bake at 400 degrees for 35-40 minutes
- Dice your onion and saute with a drizzle of olive oil for 5-8 minutes on medium heat, and add your cauliflower when it’s done baking.
- When this is done, probably another 5 minutes with both ingredients in the pan, toss into a high-speed blender or food processor with 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1/3 cup non-dairy milk.
- Let blend for at least five minutes.
- While this is blending, bring your pasta to a boil in heavily salted water.
- In the same big pot, you sauteed your onion/cauliflower mixture in, saute 5-6 diced cloves of garlic with a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Remove and drain your pasta.
- Add the pasta to the cheese sauce and let it finish cooking in there.
Recipe and Image contributed by @chickpea_and_herb