Creamy Homemade Labneh
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups half and half
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a medium saucepan on medium-high heat, add the milk and half and half.
- Stir occasionally and let come to a boil. Once boiling, remove from heat and set aside.
- Let cool to the point of being able to withstand the heat of the milk with your clean pinky finger for 10 seconds.
- Let the milk mixture cool until about 115F – use a food thermometer.
- Once the milk is ready, stir in the prepared plain yogurt. Cover the entire pot with the towel or blanket and let sit 10-12 hours or overnight to ferment.
- The next day, prepare a straining station with a large glass bowl and metal sieve on top. If using salt, mix the salt in with the yogurt at this point.
- Add the yogurt from the pot into your Bigger Better Nut Milk Bag and gently squeeze the top of the bag and place in the sieve over the bowl. Place this bowl in the fridge and let sit for about 5-6 hours, draining the whey that is removed into the bowl every 2-3 hours.
Recipe and Image contributed by @_thebite