Creamy Cashew Cheese Sauce
“If chickpeas can be Mac ‘N Cheese, you can do anything.” Probably the best quote I’ve seen in awhile and I’m all for it 🙌🏻 Try topping your chickpea pasta with this creamy cashew cheese sauce! It’s 5 ingredients and 100% plant based.
- 1 cup soaked cashews
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup chopped and sautéed sweet onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (I used homemade)
- 2 tbsp water
- Soak the cashews in water overnight.
- Chop 1/4 cup of sweet onion and saute with avocado oil. Set aside to cool.
- After the cashews have soaked overnight, drain the water and add the cashews to the blender.
- Add the remainder of the ingredients to the blender and blend until smooth. I used about 2 tbsp of water to get the right consistency, you may need to add more or less depending on the mixture.
Recipe and Image contributed by @wellbymel_