Cranberry Lime Refresher
*makes 3 servings
- ½ cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 limes, peel removed, leaving about 1 inch section of lime peel intact
- 2 ½ cups filtered water
- 3 -4 tbsp maple syrup or sweetener of your choice
- Fresh cranberries (4 per drink)
- Fresh rosemary as garnish (optional)
- Ice (optional)
- Clear spirts such as botanical gin or vodka (optional)
- Tonic or sugar free spritzer (optional)
- Put the cranberries, limes and water in a high speed blender and whir until smooth about 2 minutes. Strain the cranberries and lime through an Ellie's Best Nut Milk or Yogurt Bag over a medium bowl. Pour the strained juice back into the blender and add maple syrup or preferred sweetener and blend for another 20 seconds or so. Pour into a glass mason jar.
- Serve the drink as is or with a flavoured sugar free spritzer, sparkling water or serve with clear spirit of your choice. If you serve this with alcohol the ratio would be 1 part of alcohol, 1 part of tonic to 2 parts cranberry lime juice. Serve with ice if desired and garnish with rosemary. Add about 4 cranberries to each serving and enjoy.
Recipe and image contributed by @therocksanddirtbakery