Bowties with Savory Garlic Cream Sauce
Chickpea pasta with a vegan savory garlic sauce. Add some roasted butternut squash, sautéed mushrooms and crispy kale for a truly delicious dish. This pasta gives you all the creamy decadence of a rich Alfredo sauce with a much more healthful approach.
Savory Garlic Cream Sauce (vegan):
- 2 cups of unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- Pinch of dried sage (a little goes a long way)
- Pinch of dried thyme
- 2 TBLS of arrowroot powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 3 TBL nutritional yeast
- In a small sauce pan, heat your unsweetened almond milk on medium.
- Whisk in your garlic powder, thyme, sage and arrowroot powder.
- Add your nutritional yeast, continuing to whisk until smooth.
- Keep on meds low heat and stir occasionally for about 5-10 minutes until your desired consistency has been reached.
- Season with salt and pepper and pour over your favorite pasta & veggies!
Recipe and image contributed by @coconut.kate