Chocolate Almond Milk
- 1c almonds, whole
- 4c cold water (or 2c to increase creaminess)
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp of cocoa powder
- 4 dates (optional), pitted and soaked
- Soak almonds in water overnight (i.e. 8-12 hours), drain and rinse.
- Add nuts, water, sea salt, dates and cocoa to blender. Blend for approximately 2-3 minutes or until creamy texture achieved.
- Place nut milk bag in a large bowl, and gently pour out the nut milk. Twist and squeeze the milk bag to allow the pulp to separate from the milk.
- Bottle milk and refrigerate.
**If adding dates, soak them in hot water until soft.
Recipe and photo contributed by @onemorebite.dietitian