Cherry Sunflower Seed Granola
- 1 cup of walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- 1 cup of old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup of ground flax seeds
- 2 tbsp of chia seeds
- 1/3 cup of dried cherries
- 3 tbsp of sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp of agave
- 1/4 tsp of cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven 325°.
- Add the walnuts and water to a blender, pulse until well combined.
- Strain the milk into a bowl using nut milk bag and squeeze gently to get all of the liquid out.
- In a separate bowl, add the walnut pulp, oats, flax seeds, chia seeds, dried cherries sunflower seeds, agave, cinnamon, and salt.
- Mix until well combined.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, then pour the granola mix on the sheet.
- Spread into a thin, even layer.
- Bake for approximately 35 minutes, or until golden and crisp.
Note: If you like your granola sweeter, add additional agave, coconut sugar, or maple syrup.
Recipe and Image contributed by @foodforgoodnesssake