Carrot Cake Cookies
Carrot cake cookies! Whaaaat! Is there anything better? Made with ALMOND PULP! 🥕🍪
- 1.5 cups almond pulp (leftover from making nut milk)
- 1 cup food processed carrots (about 3 small carrots)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 tsp all spice
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp pink salt
- 1 Tbsp coconut palm sugar or sweetener of choice
- 1 flax egg (1 Tbsp flax seed meal mixed with 2 Tbsp + 1.5 tsp water). Let sit 5 minutes to thicken.
- 2 Tbsp + 1 tsp pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Mix all dry ingredients together.
- Mix wet ingredients into flax egg.
- Pour wet mixture into dry and combine with a spoon.
- Using a small cookie scoop, scoop rounds onto parchment lined cookie sheet, and press to flatten.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Let cool and then refrigerate to let the cookies further “set” — since the almond pulp and carrots both naturally hold moisture, these will be a little crumbly. Flavor is heavenly!!!
Recipe and photo contributed by @granolabarregirl