Caramelized Acorn Squash
- ½ Cup of 5 Grain Rolled Cereal
- 1 Cup of Homemade Cashew Milk
- ¼ Cup Pumpkin Puree
- 3 Dates, pitted and chopped
- ½ Acorn Squash
- 3 tbsp Maple Syrup
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- Pink Himalayan Salt
- Cut acorn squash in half & remove seeds.Then cut into ¼ inch thick slices.
- Place acorn squash slices, maple syrup, cinnamon, & a pinch of pink Himalayan salt in a medium bowl. Mix.
- Preheat oven to 350° & cook for 25 mins. Cook on one side for 15 mins & then 10 mins on the other side.
- Add cereal, a pinch of salt, & homemade cashew milk to a small pot. Bring it to a boil.
- Once brought to a boil, lower the heat to low & let simmer with the top on for 6-7 mins. Stir occasionally so the cereal doesn't stick to the bottom of the pot.
- Once it has developed a creamy consistency turn off the heat & let sit for 5 mins.
- Add the pumpkin puree & mix.
- Layer the acorn squash over your creamy hot pumpkin & 5 grain rolled cereal & splash a bit of homemade cashew milk on top. Adding flax seeds & crunchy peanut butter take it to the next level.
Recipe and Image contributed by @veganishj