Banana Turmeric Cold Brew
This is not your average cold brew. It is blended with sweet banana, turmeric, cinnamon and vanilla making this an amazing antioxidant filled drink! This recipe adds a little extra nutritional boost to your cold brew.
For this recipe @wholelovelylife used homemade cold brew that she made with her Bigger Better Nut Milk bag.
Making homemade cold brew:
- Coarsely grind 1 cup of your favorite organic coffee and place it in a pitcher or jar.
- Pour 4 cups of filtered water on top and stir gently to mix.
- Refrigerate for 12-24 hours. Wait the full 24 hours as it yields a very strong, intense flavor.
- When you are ready to strain place your nut milk bag in a pitcher or jar and pour the coffee mixture into it. The grinds will be left in the nut milk bag making it super easy to discard.
What you have left is a concentrate that can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.
Banana Turmeric Cold Brew Recipe:
- 1/2 cup cold brew concentrate
- 1/2 cup nut or coconut milk
- 1/8 tsp turmeric
- 1/8 tsp ceylon cinnamon
- 1/2 banana
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Optional: 1 tsp maple syrup or favorite unrefined sweetener