Almond Pulp Nut Butter Cups
- 1 cup almond pulp
- 1 1/4 cup roasted cashews, blended, lightly salted
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 2 pitted dates (optional: gives more of a chewy/sticky texture)
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate bark (any chocolate will work, but the dark chocolate isn't so sweet)
- 1-2 tbsp puffed quinoa or rice crispies (optional; for added crunch)
- Sprinkles (optional)
- Blend the cashews in food processor until creamy
- Add the almond pulp to it and pulse about 7 times
- Add honey, dates and peanut butter.
- Pulse until incorporated and smooth
- Transfer to a bowl
- Use a spatula to mix in the puffed quinoa or rice crispies, again, optional.
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop the mixture into muffin liners in a muffin tin
- Flatten them out edge to edge
- Place chocolate in a metal or glass bowl and place over a steaming pot of water until the chocolate melts, stirring somewhat often.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over each of the nut butter cup bases
- Add sprinkles, if desired, and a touch of salt.
- Freeze for 30 minutes and then enjoy!!
Recipe and photo contributed by @bonlapetit