Almond Oil Hair Mask
After all the sun and swimming in the summer, your hair probably needs a moisturizing mask. Almond oil contains all kinds of healthy ingredients for your hair like omega-3 fatty acids, phospholipids, vitamin E, and magnesium.
Using almond oil nourishes and strengthens your hair, and is optimal for treating hair loss and damaged hair. A few drops go a long way to add silkiness and shine & nourish the scalp. Here is what we did.
- Heat up the almond oil. Put a small bowl of the almond oil in the microwave and heat it up in 10 second increments until it’s warm but not too hot. You want it to be warm to the touch so that the heat will open the outer cuticles of your hair. This will make it easier for moisture to penetrate into your strands. (Make sure to test the warmth of the oil by holding the back of your hand an inch or so away from the oil so that you don’t get burned.)
- Apply the oil to your scalp around the root area. Massage the oil all over your scalp. This will help stimulate new hair growth, condition your roots, and protect your hair. Massaging into the roots can also help prevent dandruff.
- Use a wide-toothed comb to disperse the oil. Comb it from your roots to the tips of your hair. Make sure all of your hair gets coated with a small amount of oil. This may require applying a few more drops to your ends.
- Cover your hair. Put on a shower cap and let the oil absorb into your scalp and hair for about an hour. If you have especially dry hair, consider leaving it on overnight.
- Use shampoo to wash the oil from your hair.
- Rinse and dry your hair.